Monday, July 9, 2007

'Supreme Hunter' and 'The Cloud' set for Twisted Tongue

Great news! Two of my stories, 'Supreme Hunter' and 'The Cloud' have been accepted for publication in the August edition (#7) of Twisted Tongue. Twisted Tongue is a UK based magazine that endeavours to publish "original, well-written stories with a twist, whether it is a twist in the tale or a twisted tale".

Authors write about what they know, and truth be told, ‘Supreme Hunter’ was a short story that was inspired by numerous liquor-filled lunch hours spent playing an arcade game called Extreme Hunter at the local pub. I’m sure you are probably thinking, “How is a story about a bunch of drunk guys playing an arcade game even worth publishing?”… just wait for the twist!

‘The Cloud’ also appears in the August edition of Twisted Tongue, and falls into the category of micro-fiction – 100 words or less. I’ll dispense with any sort of plot synopsis for ‘The Cloud’, although once again, watch out for the twist. I would definitely suggest that everyone have a go at writing micro-fiction, it’s certainly not difficult, nor is it as easy as it sounds!

On a related note, I’m running out of stories to submit for publishing. I guess that I should really try and focus on writing some more stories. Damn day job!

No comments: