Sunday, September 2, 2007

Novel Progress

Just to keep you up to speed on my attempt to write my novel, and so I can keep focused, I have included a little progress box on the menu down the right-hand side. So far I'm about 20% through my initial adaptation of the screenplay, and I am aiming to have this at least done by December. I've adapted about 24 out of 113 pages of the screenplay - about 11,000 words in all. Given that this is just the first pass, the word count isn't too bad. Obviously a writer should be aiming to tell a story in as many words as it takes to tell that story. Err, yeah that made sense. Generally it is recommended that a novel be somewhere between 80,000 to 120,000 words... but I'm not too worried about this target at the moment, I'm sure the story will fit comfortably within that predefined limit. Getting the initial story on paper is the first step. Getting the thing published is at the very end of the Yellow Brick Road - just before I bitchslap the Wizard.

No comments: