Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Running On Empty

With the publication of Hemodialysis, I've realised that I'm completely out of stories for publication. I've got a few in half-arsed stages of completion, but I can't really see them going anywhere, and I'll probably scrap these ones completely and start fresh. Most of my concentration at the moment is going into the novel, codenamed "UC"... which at one point was seemingly dead in the water; however it has since picked-up momentum in the last couple of weeks. I'm currently around page 80 of 113 pages of the adaptation, and definitely on schedule to have this initial portion done by the end of December.

I've got some interesting ideas for Sci-fi themed stories, which is a market that I have been skirting around and flirting with for the last few months. Generally my work is fairly mainstream; however sci-fi and speculative fiction is definitely the next step.

I've never been interested in inter-galactic warfare, space ships or the like. My sort of speculative fiction and sci-fi will generally have a very Australian, and somewhat satirical flavour. I guess we will have to wait and see.

No comments: