Saturday, March 8, 2008

New (Old) Story

I took a few unplanned days off of work recently, mainly to get my head in order. It's surprising how happy and productive I become when I don't have to go to work - I actually got to finish an old short story that I started almost two years ago. It was actually the second short story I started, just after Ringtone.

The Passenger is the first of possibly several short speculative fiction stories set in a modern day Australia, all based around genetic engineering, civil war and the fight for identity. Each story gives a little more insight into the Australia of the future, and is told from a slightly different perspective. My plan is to try and get The Passenger published in a reputable Australian speculative fiction magazine - at least that's my plan. Maybe it won't make it past the editors, but either way, hopefully you will get to read The Passenger sometime soon.

As far as the novel goes, it is still progressing slowly.

No comments: